Granudan, Release 707
Granudan Release 707 is a water-based odor free release agent. This product is a highly effective and environmentally friendly agent that can solve the tasks and fulfill the requirements that are placed on the modern production company today.
Today, fortunately, it is possible to replace a large number of health-damaging solvents with more environmentally friendly products, and this is such a product that we have developed here.
Our Release 707 is an exceptionally strong water-based release agent that can be used on all types of surfaces.
Granudan recommends Release 707 for use in simple polyester, epoxy or vinyl ester molds in lighter productions.
- The mold surface is lightly moistened with hand spray, “cotton cloth” or a “mop” for large mold surfaces. Then wipe the droplets into a continuous film using a clean cloth / microfiber pad.
- Before the release coating dries, wipe with a second clean, dry cloth / microfiber pad to thin the film and aid with carrier evaporation. Replace cloths if needed to ensure adequate absorption and drying.
- Repeat in the same manner in rows/sections, overlapping slightly to ensure full coverage of the mold.
- Let cure for 15 minutes between coats.
- Apply next coats of Release 707 in the same manner for a total of 2 – 4 coats. Allow the final coat to cure for a minimum of 30 minutes before applying gelcoat, layup or molding.
- The mold surface is now ready to be coated with slipcoat.
- When maintenance coats of release agent are needed, apply 1-2 thin coats of Release 707 in the same manner as described above. (2 x coats will often increase durability and number of prints between touch-up)
Before application, the mold must be properly sealed using, for example: “Granudan Sealer GP“, “Granudan BN201” or “Granudan Sealer 800W”.
For worn out mold surfaces or surfaces with large porosity, we recommend using our primer “MPP C2698W” before applying sealer and release agent.
Technical data sheet for Granudan release 707