Granudan, Release 3050W
Granudan Release 3050W is a water-based semi-permanent release agent. This product is a highly effective and environmentally friendly agent that can solve the tasks and fulfill the requirements that are placed on the modern production company today.
Fortunately, it is now possible to replace a variety of unhealthy solvents with more environmentally friendly products, and we have developed one such product here.
Before application, the mold must be properly sealed using “Granudan Sealer 800W”
- The mold surface is lightly moistened with hand spray, “cotton cloth” or a “mop” for large mold surfaces. Then wipe the droplets into a continuous film using a clean cloth / microfiber pad.
- Before the release coating dries, wipe with a second clean, dry cloth / microfiber pad to thin the film and aid with carrier evaporation. Replace cloths if needed to ensure adequate absorption and drying.
- Repeat in the same manner in rows/sections, overlapping slightly to ensure full coverage of the mold.
- Let cure for 15 minutes between coats.
- Apply next coats of Release 3050W in the same manner for a total of 2 – 4 coats. Allow the final coat to cure for a minimum of 30 minutes before applying gelcoat, layup or molding.
- When maintenance coats of release agent are needed, apply 1-2 thin coats of Release 3050W in the same manner as described above. (2 x coats will often increase durability and number of prints between touch-up)